Sunday, March 8, 2009

Two Weeks In

Last night I celebrated my second week as a non-smoker. This has been much easier than I thought but I have had time to reflect on the last two weeks take as objective a view as possible as to how I have behaved and how I've felt.

Each time I have tried to stop smoking before, when deprived of nicotine I have been irritable, nervous and had disturbed sleep. This time I have consciously monitored these symptoms. The irritability has manifested itself, but in very short episodes and easily controlled. The nervousness has not been evident at all, in fact I have felt quite the opposite and been very confident. My sleep was disturbed for perhaps the first couple of days whilst the nicotine left my body, since then I have slept like a log.

The cravings are almost gone now, they occur very rarely and with less and less intensity each time, still on guard though now until the end of the third week when they are pretty much supposed to stop.

All in all I have had a very easy time quitting smoking, changing your belief is the key, seeing through the brainwashing and seeing cigarettes for what they really are, then it really is easy.

Wednesday March 11th is National Stop Smoking day here in the UK for those that want some info or support the No Smoking Day website has a really supportive forum, sign up here Stop Smoking Forum and if you decide to stop on Wednesday don't do it because you feel pressured into it, don't do it because your friends or your partner try to convince you to, do it for you and only you.

Anyway below is this years promo for No Smoking Day, enjoy.