Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Time Off to Reflect

Wow it has now been over 6 weeks since I quit and smoking is becoming a distant memory. I was lucky enough to be able to face and pass a test this weekend. It was my mother's birthday so we had a party for family and friends, my cousin with whom I used to slope off to smoke, was there. He is still a smoker and I wanted to find out if I would have a desire to smoke when he did, old habits and all that. I survived the test with no trouble whatsoever, in fact I felt very smug at how I didn't feel the slightest inclination to smoke. Poor chap he was the only smoker there and I felt a little sorry for him, you could tell he felt a bit like an outcast and went to hide down the drive to smoke.

I am taking time off this week for the Easter holidays to spend some time with my son. It is also a new test for my resolve to stay a non-smoker, I always smoked more at home than away but so far this week everything has been fine, no desire at all.

More and more it seems that smoking is dying as an occupation among all the people I know. Let's hope the non-smokers to be increase in number every day.