Tuesday, April 21, 2009

2 Months It's Official

That is officially the score, I have now been a non-smoker for 2 months. I was going to post this on Sunday but that was only 8 weeks, this is properly 2 calendar months. It has got easier and easier to stay quit, I still have no desire to smoke. I will occasionally get a very brief urge when I do a task that I associated with smoking in the past or I visit somewhere that I associate with smoking for the first time since becoming a non-smoker. These urges are very brief and easily overcome. The most recent example was last Saturday at a birthday party. The party was a 40th and was being held at the same place as a 40th I went to last year, as a smoker. I associated the venue, the party and the people I was with, with a time when I smoked. That was quite a powerful combination but still easily overcome by remembering exactly what the benefits of smoking are: NONE. In the end it was quite amusing watching the smokers scuttle off outside, missing the fun, while I remembered what that was like and really was glad that I didn't do that anymore.

Here's looking forward to the next month smokefree.