Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Approaching the Revelation

A few days from the quitting event and already my life has started to feel different. I have been more active, feeling more aware of others and things around me. I am no longer timing visits to the garden to relieve my addiction, no longer thinking about the next cigarette, the old "well I'll just nip for a fag first" syndrome has left me....and it feels wonderful. The fear has left me, you smokers know the one, the one that creeps up on you and fills you with horror when you look into your cigarette packet and there are only two of the evil little swine left, MY GOD where is the nearest shop / supermarket / garage / off-licence .... what time do they shut? OH SHIT!!! The calm that you are left with when this fear is over is exhilarating, satisfying and leaves you approaching the revelation that you are a non-smoker.