Sunday, June 21, 2009

4 Months After Quitting Smoking

I have been smoke free for four months now. It is now starting to feel normal to be a non-smoker.I went to a party last night and spent most of the night in the garden (it is Summer after all), this meant being surrounded by people smoking. Just after I stopped smoking this would have made me feel very uncomfortable, very nervous about how I would deal with the situation. I think the uncertainty of how I would behave is more unsettling than actually dealing with being around smokers. Four months on and with the experience to support me I now feel quite comfortable around smokers and safe in the knowledge that I am in no way tempted to smoke.

I also got off my high non-smoker horse last night and didn't try to convert anyone to quitting :). The feeling of normality helps a great deal when faced with smoking situations, it also helps to observe other non-smokers, they aren't affected by people smoking around them so why should I be? If you have recently quit keep at it, life begins to get more normal.

This 4 month milestone is something to be celebrated, now is the time to start developing your new found clarity of mind and energy. This is something I found the other day that can help you to unleash your new self and start making your life more enjoyable since casting off the slavery of smoking. Try it, you might like it!

Click here for a way to stay focused and develop your creativity!!